Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Journey begins

In just over a week I shall be "Leaving on a Jet Plane" (yes I like Elton John).

My father and I are flying to Newfoundland. We shall be spending some time with my mom's family and taking in some of the local sites.

I realized that it has been 30 years since I have been to the Rock. The last time was when I took my mom on a trip there one autumn. I have kept in touch with my extended family, mostly my mother's cousins children via facebook.

Last night as I spent most of the evening going through the Newfoundland travel guide I got lost in the memories of my times spent down there. I am looking forward to seeing if things are still the same and how things have changed. I am sure there will be many laughs as we share stories of past adventures.

1 comment: